What Information We Collect
Concerned Veterans for America collects two types of information from users: contact information such as zip code, email address and demographic information; and aggregate information such as information about traffic patterns on our site (for example, how many users log on or otherwise access the site each day).
Aggregate Information: Our Site is set up to automatically collect and report aggregate information. Aggregate information is data collected about the use of our Site or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This policy does not in any way restrict what we can do with aggregate information.
Internet Protocol Address: We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable informationL we use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement through our site, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content.
How We Use Your Information:
We use information collected through our Site for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on our Site. For example, we may use information we collect:
- to provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related actions;
- to send you confirmations, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Site;
- to notify you about important changes to our Site;
- to send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- to help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for Concerned Veterans for America and for issues and organizations we support;
- to remind you to send in your voter registration form and to vote;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of our Site;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve our Site and your experiences on our Site, such as providing content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase our Site’s user friendliness;
- to serve ads, on this or other websites or media, based on the information you provide and the actions you take;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
It is our policy not to share the information we collect through our Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on our Site. For example, we may share information:
- with our vendors, list or database processing services, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who work with us;
- with organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our Site, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including but not limited to responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Concerned Veterans for America, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site; and,
We bear no responsibility or liability for the actions of any vendors, service providers or other third parties, which may further transfer information to other organizations or service providers, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. We encourage you to become familiar with any third parties’ privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing in this Policy restricts the sharing of aggregate information, or information from which personal information has been rendered anonymous; both may be shared with third parties without your consent.
All information provided to Concerned Veterans for America is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. We also protect your information by placing it in a database system operating onplatform that meets both industry and government/military security standards, accessible by certain qualified representatives of Concerned Veterans for America. Unfortunately, however, no Internet activity is 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
If you sign a petition on or linked to our Site, you understand that the petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments publicly available. In addition, we may provide the petitions, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the media.
When you use our Site, information you post in your profile, blogs, forums and other interactive areas of our Site, as well as any information you share with individuals through our Site or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. In addition, when you sign up or create an account, certain information regarding actions you take through our Sites, such as joining a group, may be made available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information, or who view information that is made publicly available.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving text messages, email updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those text messages and emails. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our Site, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters.
You can view or modify information choices stored with your user account by accessing the Manage My Account page. Changes to information choices in your account do not affect information provided to others as set forth in this Policy, including in connection with petitions or donations or that has been previously shared with like-minded organizations, groups or causes.
Other Web Sites:
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which Concerned Veterans for America has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Concerned Veterans for America
1405 S Fern St #197
Arlington, VA 22202