Arlington, Va. – National veterans advocacy organization Concerned Veterans for America (CVA) and Freedom Alliance, a charitable organization that supports wounded troops and military families, are coming to Austin on Saturday, April 25, for CVA’s 23-city Defend Freedom Tour.
This FREE, family-friendly event features complimentary food, live music, and an all-star lineup of veteran and military family speakers with inspirational stories and a message of freedom.
Additionally, Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon will present retired Army Specialist Randall “Blake” McMinn, who lost his right leg in 2007 when he stepped on an IED in Afghanistan, with an all-terrain track chair that will give him the freedom to enjoy his active lifestyle.
- Concerned Veterans for America, a leading veterans advocacy organization
- Freedom Alliance, a charitable organization that supports wounded troops and military families
- Ayla Brown, country music star
- Madison Rising, the nation’s most patriotic rock band
An all-star panel of speakers, including:
- Captain Sean Parnell, decorated U.S. Army Ranger and author of New York Times bestseller “Outlaw Platoon”
- Karen Vaughn, Founder ofFor Our Son, Gold Star Mother to Aaron Vaughn, member of SEAL Team VI
- Pete Hegseth, CEO of Concerned Veterans for America and Fox News Contributor
WHAT: Defend Freedom Tour
WHEN: Saturday, April 25, from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
WHERE: Palm Door on Sixth (508 East Sixth Street in Austin)
RSVP: Register on Eventbrite
Freedom Alliance provides college scholarships to children of military heroes who sacrificed life or limb for our country; supports injured troops with rehabilitative hunting and fishing retreats; all-terrain track chairs for amputees; mortgage-free homes for deserving veterans and much more.
Can’t make it to Austin? For more information and complete list of tour stops, go to www.DefendFreedomTour.com.
Follow @ConcernedVetsTX on Twitter, and like Concerned Veterans for America – Texas on Facebook.
For media inquiries, contact Hannah Salem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerned Veterans for America is a non-partisan, non-profit, 501(c)(4) organization that advocates for policies that will preserve the freedom and liberty we and our families so proudly fought and sacrificed to defend.