The “We Can Do Better” tour is a ten-day East Coast bus tour (October 19-28) of decorated military veterans traveling through campaign ‘swing states’ prior to Election Day to generate awareness of the mounting challenges facing service members returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and veterans of all generations.
The bus tour, sponsored by Concerned Veterans for America (CVA), will allow veterans and voters in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Ohio—and across the nation—to hear directly from leaders in the veterans’ community about critical issues like:
* High veterans unemployment, especially younger vets
* Persistent military voting problems
* Growing Veterans Affairs (VA) claims backlog
* Foreign policy: Libya, Afghanistan, etc.
* Looming ‘national security’ cuts, known as ‘sequestration’
* Implications of $16 trillion national debt
Concerned Veterans for America is a nation-wide, non-profit veterans organization established to advocate for policies that will preserve the freedom, liberty, and prosperity that veterans and their families have so proudly fought and sacrificed to defend. Since April of 2012, over 111,000 Americans have joined CVA on Facebook.
The tour will travel through six states over ten days (October 19-28). The following stops are subject to change. Visit concernedveteransforamerica.org for up-to-the-minute information.